Hi there,

My name is Gabrielle Sevillano (she/her/hers) and I am a fellow in the Alaska Fellows Program, working in UAF Career Services. I’ve lived all my life in Brooklyn, NY and moved up to Fairbanks for this fellowship. I also recently graduated from Yale with a major in history. My past research has centered on slavery and abolition in the British Empire, the colonial Caribbean, nineteenth-century Western classical music, feminist ethics, and media studies; I hope to someday study Indigenous histories, Atlantic piracy, and theories of resistance more in-depth. I am still exploring my career path and am taking this course to learn about professional and research opportunities at museums. I will be volunteering as a docent at the Museum of the North this semester and in the long term am interested in museum education, publishing, communications/outreach, and exhibit development rather than archival or conservation work. I’m very curious about the history, structure, and role of museums and am excited to get started!

One Thought to “Intro Post: Gabrielle Sevillano”

Thanks for signing up for our course Gabrielle! It sounds like you have a broad range of interests that will help inform your discussions for this class. Thank you for volunteering as a docent at UAMN – I’m sure you’ll get a great deal of personal satisfaction out of those experiences.